BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

24 years.

I think it's amazing that yesterday marked 24 years that my parents have been married. And 28 years of being together. You don't see too much of that anymore. With the divorce rate OVER 50 percent now, we're going to see less and less of that. It's sad actually. When I see my parents, I just see them being together forever...I couldn't see them being with anyone else, or leaving each other. Not just because they're my parents, but because they just belong together.

How my parents met:
My mom had a yellow mustang 2, the only one like it in Manteca. She was a FOXY young thang who worked at Carl Jr.'s at the age of 19. She had long, dark brown hair, and always smiled. My dad was a skinny guy who drove a broken down car his grandma gave to him, and LOVED TO PARTY.

One day upon driving, he saw my mom's car, and decided to follow it. My mom got scared that some guy was following her, and decided to speed away so she could lose him, and she did. However, since she had the only car like that in Manteca, my dad spent countless days looking for her and her car. He saw it parked at her friends house, but still didn't know where my mom lived. He wanted to find her, and that was that for him.

Since my dad's car was crappy, it died on him a lot. One night, a half an hour after my mom got off work, she went back to get a discount on a milkshake since she had to wait to get the discount. And here comes my dad, trying to go through the drive thru, but fails terribly. His car dies in it, and my mom comes out and sees him working on it....so she helps him push it out of the drive thru. From this point on my dad made it a point to see her again. After being at common parties, they finally become boyfriend and girlfriend, and from then on, it was magic....

not really. They had many rough patches and sucked for a few years...
but what I got from this is that marrige isn't easy, and it's okay that you fight sometimes, but to marry someone who you know you HAVE to be with. I love the story of how they met since it's really funny to me, and can imagine my parents doing all those things.
it's cute.

0 comments: