BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fear.

Some people fear the dark.
Some fear dying.
Some fear spiders.

well I don't fear these things...I'm FEARLESS!
jk. well, in all seriousness, I think I'm afraid of not being happy with who I am, or what I"m doing, and wanting to start over when I'm waist deep in life.

But we'll talk about that some other time.
I had this talk over dinner with my friend Marcus the other night.
About fears, what we fear when I joked about being fearless.
He asked if I was afraid of being unsuccessful....
and I couldn't answer with yes or no, but with a question.
"Well, I guess it depends on how you define success, and what it really means to you. So what is success?"

and for that, he had no answer.

Is success doing the things you always set out to do?
for me, no, because that's always changing.

Is success getting a lot of money?
Money doesn't equal everything in my books. not my motivation.

Is success being happy?
to me, YES. Being successful with life, with anything, is being happy with it.

So in that sense, being unsuccessful is one of my fears.

0 comments: